- Recreational Advisor: Lindsey Buhrmann, 812.841.3167
- MTRA Contacts: Wanda Hanson, 507.768.3434; Becky Feist, 320.276.8754
MQHA Recreational & Open Show Program
Welcome to the MQHA Recreational and Open Show program! Here you get a chance to be recognized and earn cool prizes, such as trophies, for your participation with your American Quarter Horse in recreational activities and non-MQHA competitions (example: 4-H, dressage, etc).
You must be a member of MQHA to participate – if you are not a member yet, join today before submitting the form.
Participating is easy:
Fill out the form (download at top of page) with your competitive and recreational accomplishments for calendar years running Nov. 1 through Oct. 31.
Submit the form, plus a $10 check made out to “MQHA” to Lindsey Buhrmann to participate. Mail to Lindsey Buhrmann, 8437 W 132nd Lane, Savage MN 55378.
Form and check are due to Lindsey NO LATER than Nov. 15 of each year. (Lindsey will confirm with you that she has received your form. If you don’t hear back from her by Nov. 15, please call her ASAP at cell: 812-841-3167)
- Receive your award at the MQHA banquet.
Get recognized for activities you do anyway:
In addition to showing (which uses the 9-point scale below), points may be earned for volunteering, recreational and educational activities:
- 5 points for every volunteer activity with MQHA (Help at a MQHA show, committee membership, Tack Swap volunteer)
- 5 points for every time 100 hours is achieved in the AQHA Horseback Riding Program
- 2 points for every organized equestrian event where horse and handler participate – example: Clinics, organized trail rides, exhibitions, MQHA Boot Camp, etc.
- NEW! 2 points for every lesson you take with your horse
- 2 points for every MQHA show, meeting or event you attend as a spectator/supporter
Participants will receive an award for whichever level they achieve for 2018:
- Bronze level: 25-49 points
- Silver level: 50-99 points
- Gold level: 100+ points